Born in Rio de Janeiro, Zaza Desiderio grew up surrounded by jazz and Latin rhythms, before making the drums his instrument of choice. He has been one of the most in-demand drummers in Rio de Janeiro and his unique talents have granted him many opportunities to perform in large venues.
His adaptability to different musical genres has allowed him to collaborate with a variety of artists both at home and abroad, accumulating a wide range of experiences playing live shows and recording for Brazilian TV and cinema.
In 2007, he participated in the competition organized by Odery & Modern Drummer Festival and succeeded until the final after having passed the stage of Rio de Janeiro.
Based in Paris and then in Lyon since 2010, the Cariocan drummer received the Mention Spéciale du Jury during his participation in the Tremplin de Jazz(s)RA in 2012.
He has made a name for himself on the European music scene and has been invited to collaborate with the most eminent artists.
In 2014, he was invited by The Amazing Keystone Big Band to share the main stage at the Jazz à Vienne Festival in a show featuring the great Quincy Jones and in 2015 with the group Mr Day, he returned on the same stage, this time opening act for Pharrell Williams.
With dexterity, Zaza blends into the universe within he travels and gives us inspired music: through the hushed jazz, the energy of Brazil pierces
HE HAS SHARED THE STAGE WITH
Quincy Jones, Brad Mehldau, Laurent Voulzy, Milton Nascimento, Laurent de Wilde, Daniel Mille, Alma Thomas, Yamandu Costa, Ray Lema, Raul de Souza, Faya Tess, Parrita, Mister Day, Idriss Boudrioua, Philippe Baden Powell, Nelson Veras, Amazing Keystone, Maestro Paulo Moura, Mauricio Einhorn, Leny Andrade, Rio Jazz Orchestra, Luíza Possi, Maria Gadu, Baptiste Herbin, Eric Séva, Wuhan Philharmonic Orchestra, Orchestre Philharmonique de Marseille, Die Deutsche Kammerphilharmonie Bremen, Orchestre de Chambre de Lyon, among others.
• North Africa: Orchestra do Fuba, Raul de Souza, Philippe Baden Powell, Alfio Origlio & Célia Cameni 4tet, Naïssam Jalal
• Asia: Ray Lema, Orquestra Symphonique de Wuhan, Zaza Desiderio Trio.
• North America: Fleurine, Zaza Desiderio trio, Raul de Souza
• South America: Garrafa Jazz, Orchestra do Fuba, Manu Le Prince, ZD 4tet, UFR Jazz Orchestra, Rio Jazz Orchestra, Idriss Boudrioua, Alma Thomas, Alex Cohen, Claire Michael.
• Europe : Laurent Voulzy, Raul de Souza, Luigi Martinale, Dreisam, Rumbanama, Fleurine, Zaza Desiderio Trio, Ray Lema, Manu Le Prince, Frederic Viale, Alfio Origlio & Célia Kameni, Automatic City, Naïssam Jalal, Éric Séva, Baptiste Herbin, Laurent de Wilde.